Remedial Massage is a treatment that manipulates the soft tissues of the body (muscles, tendons and ligaments) for a specific therapeutic effect. To put it simply – remedial massage with help you recover from an injury, treat your pain, or remove dysfunction within the body, through directed treatment of specific conditions. This is opposed to a relaxation massage which aims to relax the body, relieve stress and give the body a little TLC through flowing movements and gentle kneading of the muscles.
Various remedial techniques can be used, such as trigger point therapy, myofascial cupping, deep tissue massage, and myofacsial release. As your therapist I will assess which technique will give you the most benefit, and it may be a combination of all of the above. Firm pressure is used, but always within your pain tolerance.
Remedial Massage can help with the following;
- Relieve muscular pain and discomfort
- Decrease muscle tension and stress
- Increase movement
- Improve posture and balance
- Reduce scar tissue and adhesions left after injury
- Speed up recovery and encourage more complete healing.
- Treat repetitive strain injury
- Improve sleep
- Reduce stress and anxiety, and
- Increase the flow of blood and lymph, particularly in the injured areas.
If you think remedial massage can help you with any of the above issues, please feel free to call me to discuss treatment options.